Monday, June 6, 2016

New York High Jinks

Welcome, once again, to my corner of the internet! Over the past few days, we've been exploring New York (and lamenting the lack of time to blog about it.) So, even though it's quite late, here's my report on the first day we spent in the Big Apple.

This day was mainly just wandering around and looking at the sights. We toured St. Patrick's cathedral (because my mom can find a cathedral anywhere, even in a crowded city), Grand Central Station, the New York Public Library, and more.

This is St. Patrick's, an odd sight in a modern city.
The inside of the cathedral is equally spectacular.
Grand Central Station is impressive, but also not air conditioned. Which is a problem.

Due to the age of the structure, many of the signs appear to either be painted or carved, as opposed to the more common electric signs used today.

This station was used as a setting in the movie Madagascar. If I remember correctly, (It's been a while since I watched it, so I may not be reliable) this is the very clock that was lodged on one of the characters' heads. 

Another building distinctly different from its surroundings, the Public Library.
This was the setting of one of the first scenes in "Ghostbusters". (NOTE: I am not an actual ghostbuster and should not be tasked with catching ghosts. Even my sweet suit is photoshopped.)

"Excuse me, but do you know where the Staten Island Ferry is?"
Important business on Wall Street. I am suddenly amazing at banking.
Hardened criminal Aidan Klingbeil. I need to work on my sign-reading skills.
The Brooklyn Bridge is quite impressive. The ropes form a complex network reminiscent of a spiderweb.


The weather soon turned cloudy, covering the sky in what felt like a low-hanging blanket. Tall buildings such as this one simply disappeared into the cloud cover.

The owner of this- this thing that was once a bike- is not going to be happy when they return to collect it.

BONUS: Lovely photos from the bridge!

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment