Saturday, August 17, 2013

Back in Sydney- last Australia day

We arrived back in Sydney late at night yesterday, and ended up going to bed at midnight. Needless to say, I woke up something less than completely rested. Despite this, I managed to drag myself over to the Executive Lounge for another free breakfast.

After we had filled up, we headed out into the big city. We decided to revisit all of our favorite things about Sydney. This included the playground and our favorite restaurant and smoothie bar.
Later, we went for a walk in the Botanic Gardens. There was an overwhelming amount of plant life, including cacti and bamboo. On the way to the Gardens, we saw a man making huge bubbles.




While we were headed back to the hotel, something caught our eye. A giant chessboard! My dad and I decided to have a match. Before we finished, the museum that owned the chessboard decided to go ahead and close. We played some turbo chess until we really had to leave, then my dad declared me the winner and fled.

Thanks again for following my blog! There will be more, I assure you. I intend to publish a couple more posts about Australia, which could pop up at any time. 

Final Australian wildlife report:

Captive koala (sleepy & cute)

Aidan, Lisa and Brian
"Thank you, everybody!"


1 comment:

  1. We've had a wonder time following your blog. Almost like being there (well, unfortunately not really). We'll look for more post from this and future adventures. Safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete