Sunday, August 4, 2013

First Day in Sydney

We have arrived in Sydney, Australia. We took a plane to L.A., a 2 and a half hour flight. From there, we simply flew to Australia. That is, if a 14-hour flight is "simple".

It was actually fine, for the most part. I fell asleep a couple of times on the second flight, and one of my dreams was dominated by the odd phrase "anticlimactic ball player". I had my body on all three seats when I lay down, but Dad didn't seem to mind my smelly feet.

Soon after we arrived at our hotel, we took a long walk(our hotel room wasn't going to be ready for a couple of hours anyway). We went across the Sydney Harbor on the astoundingly cleverly named Sydney Harbor Bridge. In addition to the great name, it is considered to be the world's greatest bridge. It has 2 train tracks, 8 lanes of traffic, and 2 pedestrian lanes.




By the way, can anyone identify this bird?



1 comment:

  1. Hi Aidan, I think this is the bird in your picture.
    White ibis

    Threskiornis molucca
    Also known as the black-necked ibis, sticklebill or sicklebird because of its long, curved bill, which distinguishes them from the royal spoonbill. Black head and tail plumage. Widespread across mainland Australia.

    Length 68-76 cm.




    ReplyDelete